In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Zhenhai Duan
writes:
: Does the kernel function printf() flushes the output immediately, or it is
: possible some data is buffered somewhere and gets lost without printing
: to the console? like the corresponding funtion in the c library.

Yes.  It can be buffered, but that's a driver level thing.  I've seen
serial consoles where things crashed after a printf I put in and never
saw.

I've not seen anything similar on video consoles.

Warner