On 23/06/2013, at 9:22, Ruben Dario Alvarado Tejada
<ruben.alvarad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if there is a functional procedure or guide on how to install KDE?
> I have followed several online documentation in relation to install KDE and
> nothing has worked for me, I guess I homitido a previous step before
> installing KDE.
> I made the installation with pkg_add-r kde | kde4, make install clean,
> etc and I can not activate the interface.

After install log out & in and replace any .xinitrc with..
/usr/local/kde4/bin/startkde

Then run startx.

Alternatively you can put
kdm4_enable="YES"

and reboot or run (as root)
/usr/local/kde4/etc/rc.d/kdm4 start

Then select KDE as your session type and login.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum