On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Dan Nelson <dnel...@allantgroup.com> wrote:

> In the last episode (Sep 17), Mark Saad said:
> >   Can someone shed some light on a OID mystery I have. I am using cacti
> > to trend some snmp data off a bunch of FreeBSD servers.
> >
> > I noticed someone added a graph to a cluster for UCDavis - ssRawSwapIn /
> > UCDavis - ssRawSwapOut  . The OIDs are .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.62 /
> > .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.63  Their description is  Number of blocks swapped
> > in / Number of blocks swapped out .
>
> > # snmpwalk -c MyPassword -v2c -Of server00 .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.62.0
> > .iso.org.dod.internet.private.
> > enterprises.ucdavis.systemStats.ssRawSwapIn.0
> > = Counter32: 3588
>
> That's a counter, so it's reporting the total number of pageins since boot
> (or since snmp started, depending on the particular value you're fetching).
> Cacti should be able to poll that OID and graph the difference over time to
> show pageins/sec.
>

> --
>         Dan Nelson
>         dnel...@allantgroup.com

Dan
  I guess to better refine the question , what is raw swap vs  the sysctl
vm.stats.vm.v_swappgs{out/in} . I see that net-snmpd has ssSwapOut and
ssRawSwapOut . where raw is the current value and "cooked" (ssswap{out/in})
is the average value .  I am just at a loss when I am trying to debug this
graph issue as the "cooked" oid returns negative ints and the raw returns
positive ints, but the sysctrls and top show no usage ?

Has anyone seen this before ?

--
mark saad | nones...@longcount.org