On 9/30/13 9:46 PM, Aryeh Friedman wrote:
bhyveload(8) only let's you use .ISO's for install media and I want to make
it so I can just insert a DVD (/dev/cd0) and bhyve can read it as if it was
a just a normal file and not a device... short of copying it to the hard
drive is there any other solution anyone can think of?

Well, you can create a zvol to hold the bootable UFS filesystem,
and just mount the cd-image, and extract the /usr/freebsd-dist/*
tarfiles directly into the freshly created filesystem...

-Kurt