On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

->> I thought it's preemptive purely at user-level since the threads are
->> scheduled by thread lib at user-level only. No?
->
->What are you asking?  Give a scenario and I'll explain what should
->happen.
->

Hmm, actually I don't know in which case it'd be considered as "preemptive
at kernel level"...  In the case where a thread calls a syscall and gets
blocked, the entire process gets blocked not just that thread.  In
the case where the syscalls are converted to asynchronous calls, would
this be the case?

Thanks

->--
->-Alfred Perlstein - [[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
->"I have the heart of a child; I keep it in a jar on my desk."