In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Mike Smith writes:
: > If there aren't any patches I might look at adding support for it. Probably
: > only the serial ports, because that is what I need. I would like some advice
: > on how to do it though. I had a look at the sio driver and it has support
: > for a few pci cards, but it looks like they are single serial port cards
: > and not dual or quad. So how should I go about getting the sio probe and
: > attach to do more than one serial port per pci card?
:
: As Warner suggested, you probably want to create a "bus-like" device that
: looks to the sio/ppc drivers like an ISA bus, and then forcibly attach
: the relevant sio/ppc instances as children of this device.

sio doesn't care what bus it attaches to, so long as it can get its
resources.  ppc still has some isa specific calls in it, but those map
to bus generic ones so would just work.  I've been holding off working
on this until I saw what haked out of the bus unification work that
Matt Dodd has been working on.  I think he's mostly done, but I wasn't
sure enough of that to proceed.

Warner