"Koster, K.J." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > The terminal velocity of a PC case is probably a lot lower than the
> > velocity of an outer edge of a 10000 RPM drive.
> Hmm. That would make a FreeBSD cluster quite useful as a garden shredder,
> even with lower disc rotation speeds I'd imagine.

Fun Things To Do With Disks #9,187:

Take a powered-up disk out of a hot-swap storage array and experiment
with the gyro effect while the disk spins down in your hands. Higher
RPMs give better results; try one of the 'cudas from that E10K in the
corner... "if you do it quickly, nobody will notice"

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - [EMAIL PROTECTED]