This is a stupid question, basically it's how to debug something.

I have four cooperating p-threaded processes.  One of them keeps getting
a SIGSEGV with the address 0x752f422f.  I'm not sure if that address is
always the same, but with a given compile it is.  The thing that's a pain
is it is random.  The four processes can run for a long time, or through
several tests to completion, and then the
nasty process gets that SIGSEGV.  The thread that receives the SIGSEGV
is random, the stack of the SEGV'd thread is trash, the rest of the
threads in the offending process still have intact stacks.  Arg!

Because this is intermittent my temptation is to ignore it and proceed
and eventually something will happen to let me figure it out.  But
it's been going on for a while, and it just happened twice in a row so...
Anybody seen anything remotely similar and have a suggestion?  How
does one dump the stack brute force on an x86?

Peter

--
Peter Dufault ([EMAIL PROTECTED])   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Fail-Safe systems, Agency approval