According to James Housley:
> and I am not in Canada.  I am using natd and ipfw for NAT and the
> firewall.  The link has a static IP if it matters.  Below I am attaching
> ppp.conf.  I have watched some of the data with tcpdump on both tun0 and

I'm also using ppp + ng_pppoe on a 4.3-STABLE system. My MTU is
1492. Configuration below. I'm experiencing lockups from ppp (average is one
time a day). ppp stops recieving anything from the modem (Alcatel Speed Touch
Home with ethernet).

Any idea where it could come from?

-=-=-
default:
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 115200
 disable lqr
 deny lqr
 set redial 15 0
 set reconnect 15 10000
 set accmap 0
 set server +3000 ********

adsl:
 set device PPPoE:ed0:
 set authname *********
 set authkey *********
 set timeout 0
 set mtu 1492
 set mru 1492
 set speed sync
 disable acfcomp protocomp
 deny acfcomp
 set log Phase Chat LQM hdlc LCP IPCP CCP tun
 set ifaddr 0/0 0/0
 add 0 0 HISADDR
 dial
-=-=-

Nothing interesting from the ppp log :-(
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 5.0-CURRENT #80: Sun Jun  4 22:44:19 CEST 2000