Dear James,

I had a mergemaster problem a while back, but I haven't debugged it
properly. I had my /etc/ppp symlinked into /home/root/ppp. Then, after a
mergemaster run I ended up with a file named /etc/ppp, which had the
contents of the new version of /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.

This box used to dial out, but no longer does so I did not care about/pursue
the problem. Sorry about the scetchy information.

    Kees Jan

PS. I initially read the subject line as "mergemaster has one fewer bug and
one newly discovered feature". :)