In a message dated 06/28/2001 12:23:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > Personally I don't care much about BSD vs. GPL and am
>  > annoyed by Microsoft's hypocricy (sp?). The fact that
>  > they're using open source software is great.
>
>  That was the point I was trying to make.  Rather than be annoyed by this,
>  it should be splashed across /., lwn, etc.  But I'm not gonna do it.
>  Maybe ESR will if you tell him.

I dont think that microsoft is being hypocritical. They dont generally say
that open source has no value, only that they dont agree that its a viable
strategy for marketing commercial products. I dont think that the fact that
they use some code as a base for their products contradicts that position at
all.

Bryan