http://freshmeat.net/projects/ngpt
http://www.sharma-home.net/~adsharma/projects/freebsd/ngpt-1.0.0-freebsd.tar.gz

Notes:

- The project has gotten more Linux specific since the last port (0.9.4)
  There are a lot of ugly hacks that need cleanup.
- Please commit 27489 to help this port
- There were many deviations from the freebsd pthread.h (specifically
  the omission of "const" int vs size_t etc)
- The main point of this port is to have a reasonable native freebsd
  pthread implementation till the scheduler activations stuff is ready.

- Java heads: does this help to pass the JCK ? Is that the main reason
  we can't have a binary FreeBSD JDK distribution ? I've read -java for
  several months now and I still can't find the answer.

To test the above port:

- make test_pthread; ./test_pthread
- You may want to turn off debugging in pth_p.h
- Tested only on a UP machine (my laptop) so far. Needs SMP testing.
  The earliest I can do it is this weekend.

Disclaimer:

- I've mainly done the "monkey work" of fixing compile errors and making
  sure that the test program works. Haven't had a chance to look at the
  implementation specifics yet. I didn't like some design decisions in
  0.9.4.

- Someone here had a makecontext() patch. I think commiting it would
  surely help. The way GNU pth does context creation is really
  inefficient, in order to be portable (read the pth paper).

        -Arun