hi, there!

I have made second attempt to implement Arcnet support for FreeBSD
(the first was made about two years ago and nothing was ever committed)

Current bits can be fetched from http://iclub.nsu.ru/~fjoe/arcnet/
In order to use them you should copy dev/, net/ and modules/ to /sys and
apply patches from diffs/ if you are running -current or from
diffs-stable/ if you are running stable.

The most important part is changes to FreeBSD ARP stuff to support link
addresses of length != 6 bytes.

Both the driver for SMC 90Cx6 adapters and ARP stuff were ported from
NetBSD. At this time I tried to make changes to if_ether.c
less intrusive (it is not direct port of NetBSD's if_arp.c).

The driver is interoperable with Linux Arcnet drivers and works
in RFC1201 and RFC1056 modes. I get about 200K via FTP between -stable and
-current machines and now trying to build XFree86 3.3.6 on NFS-mounted
ports tree.

Any feedback is HIGHLY appreciated.
Thanks!

/fjoe