On Tue, 21-Aug-2001 at 09:35:34 +0100, David Malone wrote:
> > I've just done a further test.  I've mounted a directory tree from
> > Vaio to Vaio using localhost (lo driver) and the test has run
> > smoothly.  So chances would be good the bug is in the ep driver.
> > Unfortunately...
>
> Andre Albsmeier, who's seeing various network problems, is using
> the xe driver (also PCMCIA I think), but the problems go away if
> he uses an Etherexpress card on the PCI bus of the same machine.

As I wrote in my PR (#29845), my problems also happen with
the 3C589 which uses the ep driver. So we can sum up to:

1.) Intel Etherexpress PRO/100 PCMCIA (xe driver)      crashes
2.) 3Com 589D EtherLink III PCMCIA (ep driver)         crashes
3.) Intel Etherexpress PRO/100+ PCI Card (fxp driver)  works perfectly

        -Andre