:>     Hmm.  Ok, I think you are right.  APTDpde is what is being loaded
:>     and that points into the user page table directory page, which is
:>     per-process.  So APTDpde should be per-process.
:
:But it is!  (sort-of)  APTDpde was per-process but is now per-address-space
:with the advent of fork and RFMEM sharing (and KSE).
:
:When we context switch, PTD goes with the process^H^H^H^Haddress space, and
:APTD is merely mapped by the last entry in the per-process PTD
:(PTD[APTDPDTI] if memory serves correctly).
:
:Cheers,
:-Peter
:--
:Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Oh !@#$#@$.. you're right!  That means there *IS* a race, just that it
    is a race in the case where you use rfork.  APTDpde can be ripped out
    from under one thread by another thread.

                                                -Matt