Leo Bicknell wrote:

| On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 10:36:44AM +1000, Greg Black wrote:
| > Why not do it the Unix way?  Create a new application, e.g.,
| > url(1), to parse the URLs and use it like so:
|
| Sometimes the solution is so obvious. :-)  Well, part of it.  I'm
| thinking it's worth creating liburl, with parse routines, and then
| a front end for the command line, url(1).

If I was doing it, I'd do the command line program first in awk
or Python to get on top of the parsing in an easy way and to
have a test tool working.  Then, when I was happy, I'd take
advantage of the easy translation to C that is possible from awk
or Python and build the library.  Finally, I'd re-write the
command in C to link against liburl.

| If only there were more hours in a day.

Just slow down your clock :-)