In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Giorgos Keramidas writes:
: Greg Shenaut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: >
: > I just throw out the idea--as for where to enforce such a convention,
: > I agree that the file-system definition may not be the best place,
: > but it might be the *easiest* place (spaces could be silently mapped
: > to 0xa0's).
:
: Please don't even think about it.  When I write a space, I mean a space, and
: silently doing things behind my back, is something I have not been used to
: expecting from Unix.

Too much would break if you were to do force the filesystem to
reject/map spaces like that.

Warner