I looked in /boot on my 4.4R system and there was a
'pxeboot' file there.  I've since modded my ISCv3
DHCPD.conf file to serve this file out to machines
(after creating /tftpboot/boot/loader.rc) and it works
great. Next step will be to test getting this to work
using reservations from the MS DHCP server on our LAN
(pretty sure this will work) and people will be able
to boot diskless FreeBSD by pressing F12 at boot up.
Thanks fo your help John.

Paul

 --- John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> On 30-Oct-01 Paul Jansen wrote:
> > I posted some of this info last friday but haven't
> had
> > any responses.  I'm hoping someone out there knows
> > what the problem is.  Here's the details:
> >
> > I saw Alfred Perlsteins page on how to setup
> > FreeBSD installs unsing PXE.
> > The problem I'm having now is when I follow
> Alfred's
> > directions to create the PXE loader (using 4.4R)
> It
> > bombs out.  It's my understanding the I just need
> > stick 'pxeldr' into the root of the TFTP server
> > directory and tell the machine to execute this by
> > specifying it as the boot file in the DHCP
> > configuration.  I also understand that I have to
> > create a subdirectory called 'boot' under the TFTP
> > root directory with the file 'loader.rc' in it.
> Can
> > someone verify if this is the case?
> > Alfred's instructions can be found here:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/pxe/
> >
> > This is the console output that insues when I try
> and
> > build pxeldr as per Alfred's instructions:
>
> You need pxeboot (not pxeldr, pxeldr is part of
> pxeboot).  Do you have the
> sources for libstand (src/lib/libstand) installed?
>
> --
>
> John Baldwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> --
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> PGP Key: http://www.baldwin.cx/~john/pgpkey.asc
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -
http://www.FreeBSD.org/

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Manage your files online.