At 12:50 PM -0700 10/17/01, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>I fully support your idea of offering a "bounty" to anyone writing
>drivers for your cards and think you're being more than generous in
>offering it.  I wish more vendors would do that and I'm sorry that
>this discussion has gotten as polarized as it has.  If people want
>to change the support situation for T1 cards, they need to get off
>their duffs and write the code - as a vendor, you're doing all that
>might be expected and more to facilitate the process.  I hope the
>zealots in the audience realize that too.

The freebsd project is really just a bunch of users who happen to
use and work on freebsd.  The group of users is such that we'll
always PREFER a completely open-source BSD-licensed driver to other
alternatives.  However, it is also true that the vast majority of
those users will prefer having a driver to NOT having a driver!  :-)

I think that offering some sort of bounty to have a freebsd developer
work on drivers for your cards, under NDA, is a generous offer.  I'm
not the kind of person who writes drivers, but I certainly hope that
someone takes you up on the offer.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]