On Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:57:44 +0100, Nils Holland wrote:

>Now, I have found a lot of similar stories on the web. I guess some
>mainboard manufacturer's (and even VIA as a chipset manufacturer) seem to
>care very little about quality assurance. That's actually sad: AMD's best
>processors aren't worth a dime if the components they depend on are cheap
>crap.
>
>As a side note: I have bought numeros board from Epox and never had a
>single problem with them, so in my opionion, Epox (together with ASUS) is
>probably one of the companies I would recommend people to buy boards from,
>but Chaintech and other cheapies should probably be avoided...

abit has been extremely good to me.  even windows 98 doesn't crash on
it!!!!
i have the abit kt7a with a 1gHz socket a athlon.

I don't like Soyo, FICS, and a bunch of others i cant think of

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 6E7B 9993 B503 6D45  E33A 2019 26E5 C1DB