On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:02:03PM -0600 I heard the voice of
Stephen Montgomery-Smith, and lo! it spake thus:
> I want to create a Makefile for a C program that includes some Pentium
> II specific inline assembler code.  How do I tell the compiler whether
> we are compiling on a i686?

Dunno, how well will your Pentium II specific inline assembler code run
on my Pentium Pro?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator      |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]