First off, for each open file, does the kernel keep a unique vnode
structure? If so, will it have at most one vm_object reference at any
time? I am guessing that mmaping a file will create vm_object with a vnode
pager that references vnode. But then under what circumstances does vnode
not have a valid vm_object?

Well ... also ahh what is the difference between VMIO and non-VMIO? Does
the latter just mean that phyio? You can smack my head if these questions
are so dumb.

John