On Wednesday, February 20, 2002, at 04:52 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

> yes but we might as well be protocol compatible if possible :-)
> If only to re-use what they did in gdb :-)

The Darwin/Mac OS X scheme only deals with IOKit because that's where
the drivers live.  The protocol implementation is in the directory
'xnu/osfmk/kdp'.  It's in essence a UDP protocol, and is implemented
without using any of the system's networking scheme (except for mbufs).
The implementation is polling.  The implementation is pretty
light-weight.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large  *
Institute for General Semantics        |   When LuteFisk is outlawed