On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 02:32:03PM -0800, Patrick Thomas wrote:

> thank you - I am glad to see that this is a good way of doing things.  Two
> quick items:
>
> 1. How do I give each jail a 'proc' filesystem in its /proc using this
> configuration ?

    mount -t procfs proc /usr/local/jails/foo.com/proc

Do this *after* you've mounted the vn device on /usr/local/jails/foo.com

> 2. Is there any downside to this whatsoever ?  This seems infinitely
> better than a new partition for each jail, so was I just silly for doing
> it that way ?

The only real problems I've run into relate to the fact that the FreeBSD
startup scripts know nothing about jails.  So there's some script
writing required to get things to start up appropriately at boot time.

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \ ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/_)