what about a program - like snort - but instead of listening on an
interface, it would listen on your divert(4) socket.  a setup like this
could actually help snort (or an other program) be more responsive.

i know that i have run into troubles with snort's flex-resp mechanism not
stopping packets.  with the divert(4) socket, i think you would be able
to stop packets dead in their tracks.

  -aj-

----
  http://www.camulus.org/