On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 03:06:18AM -0700, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Peter Pentchev wrote:

> > > Ugh.  Sounds like it was a bad idea to import the new code; it
> > > means changing a lot of dependencies...
> >
> > Actually, the bulk of changing dependencies was done at the time
> > of the import, by the person who did the import.  I do not think
> > that there were more than nine or ten ports left with wrong
> > dependencies after the import, and I do not think there are more
> > than two or three now.
>
> OK.  Given the huge number of "libintl" postings I've seen in
> the past, I was under the impression that its use was much more
> widespread than that.  My bad.

Its use *is* very widespread; just try:

awk -F\| '($8 ~ /gettext-0/ || $9 ~ /gettext-0/)' /usr/ports/INDEX

It's just that people take care to find all the places it is used in,
and fix them, when changing things :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  [EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Key fingerprint FDBA FD79 C26F 3C51 C95E  DF9E ED18 B68D 1619 4553