Hi,

>From what stage during the boot process can I trust that microtime() will
give me incrementing time?

The reason I ask is that I see microtime() jump backwards consistently
during the ich_calibrate() function in the ich sound driver. The values
look basically the same every time. Something like this:

t1 2 sec 389291 usec
t2 0 sec 32061 usec

The interesting thing is that on another identical machine it doesn't
happen and the calibrate routine works correctly. The only difference
is that that machine use a GENERIC kernel and mine have a kernel with
apm removed so that I can use the TSC as timecounter.

Can it be that there is some kind of glitch somewhere when the TSC
take over as timecounter?

John
--
John Hay -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]