currently I reboot jails with this process:

        1. someone logs into the jail and runs `kill -KILL -1`
        2. someone logs onto the BASE machine and starts it up again.

I wish I could do this without involving the admin of the base machine.

Has anyone come up with a strategy for allowing the root jail user to
successfully reboot their own jail without outside help ?

I can think of some horrible hacks involving constantly checking if the
jail is running....and if it ever stops (presumably someone rebooted it)
then start it again...hopefully there is sonhmething more elegant than
that.

--pt