On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 06:26, Jason Noble wrote:
> /virtual partition line and it will not newfs the drive.  The following
> line does not work (i.e. all the data on /virtual goes bye bye):
>
> mlxd0s1-5=ufs 0 /virtual N
>
> Has anyone used pxe to upgrade a system and leave one or more existing
> FreeBSD partitions alone?  How should I go about this?

I had a quick look through the code and it seems you need to specify
soft-update-ness if you want to also specify newfs'ing or not.

eg try..
mlxd00s1-5=ufs /virtual 1 N

See line 1378 of label.c in src/release/sysinstall.

Hope that helps :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5