On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 22:51, Andy Sparrow wrote:

> > I believe you can get this info if you add the net/snmp or net/snmp4
> > port.
>
> Hi Larry,
>
> Thanks for replying.
>
> Hmmm. I'm talking about code that uses a FreeBSD-specific sysctl to
> interrogate the in-kernel if MIB counters, like this:

[snip]

> However, most of the drivers don't seem to have any code like this in them -
> and at least some of those drivers don't work with the 3rd-party application
> code above.
Hmm.  I'm not a network developer, and have even less knowledge of
what's going on in the interfaces stuff.

> Should they? Or is this an older interface?
Haven't the foggiest.  Have you looked in -CURRENT to see if it's
different there?  (and if so, see if it's planned to MFC it?)

> I'd like to advise the author so he can fix a very useful dockapp for me - or,
> if this is the way to go, I'll badger Bill Paul to fix the 'wi' driver - oh,
> wait a moment, maybe generating patches would be safer :)
Probably Patches would work better, if their not in -CURRENT yet.  But,
I'm just a luser here.

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]