* tyler spivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020609 17:44] wrote:
> ok - I hope I can get an answer:
> how come (under linux)
> i can use my favourite web browser and hit ^c (interrupt)
> and it will interrupt any network application,
> but under FreeBSD there are some operations that can't be interupted and just wait
>there?

*sigh*

Would you be willing to field a problem report this vague?

Which web browser?  How are you inputting a ^C? etc.etc...

Applications have the option to ignore ^C, they can also futz
with the terminal settings to that ^C doesn't work properly.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Tax deductible donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/