1. Can I use a SMP kernel and bring it up with just one CPU on a two CPU
   machine ?

2. How do I trace back funcname+offset to a particular line of C code ?
   I tried objdump -d and gcc -S, but it's not easy to read. I thought
   there was a way to get gcc to interleave the C code and the generated
   assembly.

I have a suspicion that in kern_mutex.c:510,

                        if (td1->td_priority < td->td_priority)

there may be circumstances in which td1 could be pointing to memory that
has been freed. I've got a bunch of panics which result in kernel mode
page faults at 0xdeadxxxx.

Thanks!

        -Arun