D J Hawkey Jr wrote:

> I'm guessing that the suggestion to turn it off (the original thread) is
> valid enough, as all machines referred to were on the same network, else
> why wouldn't the above still hold true? Or is it a matter of FTP and/or
> SMTP (specifically, sendmail) not playing nice with newreno?

The problem is that Terry has described the theory, whereas many of us
who have observed the situation in the real world have noticed that even
on a homogenous network (all with newreno enabled) performance is still
worse than with newreno disabled.

I don't have enough network stack fu to debug or improve this, but I
have enough experience with it to know that off is better. For you, I'd
say turning it off is the first thing you should test, and see what
happens.

Doug