Hello,

No flames please, before I am posting this message I did:
-read all kinds of faq and docs on www.freebsd.org
-searched a lot the web
-posted this question to freebsd questions
-searched more and more
-looked up for help in irc #freebsd channels
-searched more
-posted again to freebsd questions
-and searched more.
And if there is a place I can get the answer, the place is here...

The issue about ctrl+alt+del is that I need to change the default
behaviour that is reboot, to halt the system. The best I could find was
to change the keymap on key 83 (if I am not mistaking) to 'pdwn' or
'halt' (it was previously on 'boot').
After rebooting to the changes take effect (I do not know if there is a
way to reload the keymap withou restarting the system), I try
ctrl+alt+del and then it runs the proper halt/shutdown script, but when
it was supposed to stop (halt) for the user press the power button, it
does automaticaly reboot.
Is there a way to just halt (and stay halted) using ctrl+alt+del?

TIA

Paulo