On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:54:06PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:31:59PM +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> > You have it running?! I'm still struggling to get a vmmon module, without
> [snip]
>
> Ah. I installed the vmware2 port, *then* the vmware3 rpm (using rpm2cpio).
> This just used the existing vmmon module. I assume more tweaking will
> be necessary as was the case for vmware2.

I'll try that tomorrow. The sources for the vmmon-module are a bit different
at least, so I'm surprised it works, but I'm ready to give it a try :)

> [snip]
> > Way above my head :)
>
> This is purely speculation as to how USB devices might be handled.

Maybe someone more in the know can port the usbdevfs (as an aside, is
that a Linuxism? Why not use a standard devfs?)

--Stijn

--
Beware of he who would deny you access to information. For in his heart
he thinks himself your master.