On Oct 22 at 10:37, Andrew Gallatin spoke:

> I've now upgraded to XFree86-Server-4.2.1_5.  dpms still does not
> work for me:
>
> % xset dpms force off ; xset q | tail -5

I didn't care about off. My monitor seems to behave the similar when
set to `off' as when set to suspend or standby. The status LED turns
yellow and the screen turns blank and recovery takes a few seconds.

My application is to switch the display to the alternate host. This
is working now.

-Hanspeter