At 10:48 PM +0100 12/19/02, Michael Ranner wrote:
Hello!

I have done some research for utmp improvement for FreeBSD and
found the following URL which sounds very intersting:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2002/debian-bsd-200202/msg00142.html

The author has posted an article in freebsd-hackers earlier
this year.

What is the current status? Any interest to integrate this in
FreeBSD.
There definitely is interest.  The Nathan Hawkins also sent a
message to freebsd-standards back in April, although at that
time he said the reentrant versions weren't quite finished yet.

I think this is one of those things which we just lost track of due
to so much else going on in freebsd-current at the time.  I saved
the messages back in april, and some other message on utmpx, and
then completely forgot about it...

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]