Hello,

I am trying to make crashdumps on FreeBSD 5.0, because I get panics very
often.

Here is what I do:
ddb> panic
panic: from debugger

syncing disks, buffers remaining...
done
Uptime: 17m32s
amr0: flushing cache...done
Dumping 511 MB

Dump failed writing header (19)

Dump failed writing data (19)

Dump failed writing trailer (19)

Dump complete
Terminate ACPI
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

The dump device is a big swap partition on the amr0 controller.

Is it possible that the amr0 controller becomes inactive after it flushed
its cache and that's why the kernel cannot make the crashdump?

If it's related to the amr driver and it's hard to fix, would it be
possible to mention in amr(4) that making crash dumps through this device
is not supported?

Thanks,
----------[ Free Software ISOs - http://www.fsn.hu/?f=download ]----------
Attila Nagy                                     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)            phone @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
                                                cell.: +3630 306 6758