In message: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
            Tim Kientzle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: For now, this means that devd will not be in
: /rescue.  I'm not entirely happy about this.

devd typically wouldn't be all that useful for a /rescue environment.

: Policy question:  Is C++ considered acceptable in /bin
: and /sbin?  (I presume so, since Warner's doing it.)

Yes.  I don't see why not.

: Technical Question:  Does anyone know how to get
: crunchgen to play nicely with C++ programs?  (I've
: tried a couple of simple changes to the generated
: makefile with no success.)

What's the problem.

: Usability Question:  How necessary is devd likely to
: be for people recovering from serious disaster?

Not very.  It certainly isn't REQUIRED since you can always do what
devd forks by hand...

Warner