Someone's requested these already, so I've made the dmesg output and kernel config for the panicing machine available at www.lokisheathens.org/speck.

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 06:51 am, Darren Pilgrim wrote:
I have a USB hub that's built into my Viewsonic PT775 monitor. The hub probes during boot and post-boot attach as follows:

uhub1: vendor 0x0543 product 0x00ff, class 9/0, rev 1.00/0.00, addr 2

The hub is connected and disconnected with the switching on and off of the monitor. When the hub is disconnected, whether by unplugging it or turning off the monitor, I get a panic in 4.7p3 if there are no devices connected to the hub's downstream ports.