arief_mulya wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Well,
> I've been receiving quite lots of nice and *warm* and joyful
> email for the thread ;-)
>
> Some quite of enlightnment (including your email, Theo, it
> gives me lots of enlightment, you surely is a funny guy ;-)
>
> After also lots of google clickings, I think I get the big
> picture of it now. And I've also made my decision. For now,
> I'm going to stick w/ Linux Kernel. And see how much can I
> give in till I give up ;-)
>
> Thanks for all of the answers.
> Special thanks for Rik van Riel and Bill Studenmund for your
> kind insights and supports :-)
>
> There's a saying in Java-nese (not *that* Java) language:
>
> Mangan ora mangan kumpul.
>
> Which means, Have something to eat or not Have something to
> eat, the important thing is to stick together. Forever.
>
> And that's what I felt about Linux Developers... if you know
> what I mean :-)
>
> See you.
>
> Best Regards,
> arief_mulya
> --

a question it generally gets reasonably answered with a
only an occasional snarl. I know it isn't a *nix internals list,
but that information is helpful.

It is also helpful when someone explains what they have
actually done with something down to the details. The types
I deal with are printer, publishers, artists and animators and
so I have to have something of the "what will it do for me",
when I suggest it. So knowing people have set up Ray Tracers
and the like is helpful.

Thanks and Have Fun,
Sends Steve