On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Greg Lewis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently acquired a motherboard with a VIA Rhine III onboard NIC.
> I couldn't see support for this in the current vr(4) driver in either
> -current or -stable and am trying to add support for it.  Having not
> done any kernel hacking before I'd appreciate some pointers if someone
> would be so kind.

Thomas Nystrom has found the necessary fixes to our driver, I should be
committing them this weekend (and MFCing them to 4.x soon after that.)

Soo... wait a few days, and all will be good. :)

> I've also found what looks to be good documentation for the chip on the
> VIA web site, so I should be able to track down appropriate information
> as necessary.

Sorry to be pedantic, but there's a problem with that statement.  Via's
documentation isn't "good", there are many tiny glitches they don't list.
Nonetheless, they are far better than Nvidia, who isn't releasing any
specs for their NIC chipset...

Mike "Silby" Silbersack