Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:25:45 -0500
From: Dave Kingsley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Jail Replication

Good Afternoon!
    We have been trying to set up a system of jails on FreeBSD 5.0 machines.

Building a jail from scratch seems to be no problem.  Everything seems
to work

just fine.  Here is our problem.  We would like to be able to replicate
jails

quickly, both on the original host machine and on others as well.

    Creating a tar-ball, untarring in the new location, making necessary
tweaks,

seemed to work OK at first.  But we can't reset passwords, etc. out side of

sysinstall!?  What are we doing wrong?  What are we missing?

    Help!

Thanks,

- -- Dave

- --
Dave Kingsley                           Voice: 617-745-3806
Systems Administrator                   FAX:   617-745-3907
Eastern Nazarene College
23 E. Elm Avenue                        E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quincy, MA 02170