On Monday 10 February 2003 17:57, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Very nasty but I got X working with the via driver by dummying up
> libddmpeg (which is supplied along with via_drv.o on the VIA EPIA M 9000
> CD). Basically I linked libddmpeg.a with a dummy program to pull in the
> required symbols and generated a new .so which does not link against
> libc.so.6.
>
>     With the dummied up libdmpeg.so in place the VIA-supplied driver
> works.  It complains a bit, but it works.
>
>       http://apollo.backplane.com/FreeBSD/
>
>     I'll keep the page up unless VIA complains to me.  I don't know why
> they would, though.

How dare you sell our products for us!  Stop it this instant!
I certainly hope they're not that stupid.

I'm going to get a couple of these as test machines in our lab.  Thanks
for going the extra mile on this (as always) Matt.

Wes Peters                                                   Softweyr LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     http://softweyr.com/