On Sunday 16 February 2003 02:39, Colin Percival wrote:
>    On december 25th, I released a "first draft" of a binary security
> update tool aimed at allowing people to track the security branches
> without keeping a source tree or recompiling; the response was generally
> positive, but as I pointed out in my announcement, there were several
> problems which needed to be fixed.
>    I'm just about finished fixing up all those details, and I intend to
> release a new version soon and start publishing the necessary updates for
> i386 4.8-RELEASE when it comes out (not that I expect 4.8-RELEASE to
> include any security holes, of course ;).  These would, of course, be
> freely available (although I might ask for donations to cover bandwidth
> costs if I get lots of traffic).
>    Would any FreeBSD developer(s) be willing to help me with this?  I'd
> very much like to have at least one person look over my code and give it
> some sort of "stamp of approval"; both for my own peace of mind and to
> make people feel more happy about using it.

If you are willing to do the work, I'm certain we can track down
some mirror sites willing to bear the traffic for you.  We'll
bring the efforts of the Donations Liason Officer, Michael W.
Lucas, to bear on this.  All you need to do is let him know what
resources you will need.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]