In local.freebsd-hackers, you wrote:
> We've recently found a problem with dhclient that can DoS a DHCP
> server. If you have schg flags set on /etc/resolv.conf to stop dhcp
> overwriting your existing nameservers, the problem occurs.
> Basically, the client just keeps rejecting the IP details it has
> received from the server and requesting another. The server marks the
> record as used, and moves onto the next one. Over the course of a couple
> of minutes, you can pretty much mark an entire class C as in use.

The problem of read-only resolv.conf is already documented in the PR
database and I think recently somebody started thinking about a solution.
Check http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/38778

That the server runs out of IPs is his probably his own fault. It
should be configured to not eat up all IPs when a host which already
has obtained a lease requests another one but simply hand out the old
one or deny the request...

Stijn: Could you add your suggestion to the above PR?
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
rage against the finite state machine