On Monday 24 February 2003 08:48 am, Terry Lambert wrote:
> omestre wrote:
>
> >  Of course that the FreeBSD code will not have my name, and
> > company! That is the code that i did for MY company! What i wanted
> > was share is the solution! If you will supress my name or
> > everything, is not my problem.
> >  If i change a bit, a letter... in a source code, i will allways
> > put my name. Not because the rights, but because the errors! Then i
> > break the software, the errors are mine, this is justice.
>
> The license issues are very serious to the community.  FreeBSD
> could not, in good conscience, rip off your code without giving you
> the credit you asked for in your patch.

We have other ways of noting donations to the project as well.  The
primary one is the "Obtained From:" header in the CVS commit, where
sponsored changes like this can be noted without affecting the
copyright in any way.  Please consider using this if it is sufficient
for you and your employers needs.

> I think that the community would be willing to take responsibility
> for any bugs that it was willing to commit to the source tree.

Yes, we are, and we are also very willing to give credit.  We don't want
to create anymore licensing nightmare than we already have if we can
avoid it.

Wes Peters                                                  Softweyr LLC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                    http://softweyr.com/