At 11:31 AM -0600 3/3/03, Peter Elsner wrote:
This particular printer is a high load printer, printing about
50 to 70 pages at a time.  Occasionally, the printer just stops
while printing.

We have to force a 'lpc restart lsjd1p2' command several times
to get the printer to restart again.

You will sometimes have better luck if you 'lpc abort' the queue, wait a few seconds, and then 'lpc start' it. Of course, that doesn't solve the actual problem...

I believe that lpr/lpd is not resetting after receiving a
Busy/Ready (or Nack/Ack) signal.

Has anyone else seen this problem before?

I have not heard of it. I'd like to see some actual proof of what is happening (like a tcpdump) before assuming that it's lpd's fault. Mind you, I'm quite willing to believe it's lpd's fault, but I can't very well look into the problem unless I know what sequence of packets is causing it.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]