Please go away.

Thorsten Futrega wrote:
 --- Stephen Montgomery-Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Thorsten Futrega
wrote:

- Remove GNU tar.

I really don't see a need for any version of tar to
be in the base system. I

It's not needed if we have pax, and GNU tar generates
broken tar files that can't be extracted with, e.g.
NetBSD pax or Solaris' tar.

Shouldn't we also drop support for the earlier
pentium systems as well? I think

That's certainly planned for 6.0

- Add perl 5.8 *and* python 2.2 to base.

I agree - perl makes a perfect replacement for tar.

You've showed me in the past that you have zero
respect
for both the project and the community, so , please, go back to your troll cave.

Thorsten