[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Dear Hackers,

I have experienced a system crash for the first time in 10 months (last year in august I had a vinum issue which has been resolved with your help).

Fortunately I still have a kernel with debugging enabled running, and the gdbmods script, so I can submit some useful data with this email.

On further reflection, here is more info which might be usefult to know:

1) I recently updated to 4.8 RELEASE. I just looked at the kernel config file and noted that I removed the "options VINUMDEBUG" a while ago. This might explain frames 13 through 15 in the crash dump being ?? . Help me out here please...

2) When upgrading I noted that the source for vinum had been changed in a similar way to the patches I received from Greg Lehey and applied in August 2002, so I did NOT apply the patches again. Perhaps I should have?

3) I also recently began using 'gre' devices for some VPN tunnels. This is new in 4.8. I find it odd (in hindsight) that these are working OK thought the "pseudo-device gre" line is absent from my kernel config file ???

FYI: kldstat is at http://docs.perimeter.co.za/crash/2003-06/kldstat

Regards,
Patrick.